Sunday, November 22, 2009

Reverting to Old Hobbies & Habits (An Attempt)

After many a unfinished unopened texts, I have finally managed to pick up a book - a fat I must add!!! To add to that, I even ended up reading a few pages in the comforts of a warm blanket & cozy pillows (just the way I love to read). It felt soooooooo nice!! Why you may ask? What's so remarkable about reading a book huh? Nothing really for you or for anyone else. But it certainly is extraordinary for me!!

I have always loved to read (wouldn't particularly label myself as a voracious reader but yes I'm extremely fond of reading) and have always taken out time to do so..

I dont know the hows & whys of it but somewhere I'd lost the will to read. :( The only thing I somehow managed in the last few years was glancing through the newspaper. I did make several book purchases and made ocassional visits to the bookstores all this while but ended up reading nothing (the only exception being a book gifted by a special someone). I missed my habit of reading up late into the night till it put me to sleep.. I truly missed the constant urges to chuck all work at hand and to simply settle for the current read... I missed it all!! More so, it made me feel that something somewhere is really wrong with me (though ther's plenty more to this feeling and I am definitely going to write about it soon)

Anyhow, the bottomline is that I am currently reading a book and happily doing so. Going merely by the count of pages, I've managed to complete one-sixth of it (Duhh!! I'm making it sound like a school work now) and I intend to ring the victory bells soon. :)

(P.S. - I'm also attempting to get back to writing a little each day, however nonsensical it may be, I know it'd matter a lot to me)

No comments: